Will There Be a Historic Red Sox Win?
To give you a sense of how historic that would be:
- The starting pitcher for the Red Sox in Games 1 and 4 of the 1918 World Series was….BABE RUTH!
- The team the Red Sox was playing in the 1918 World Series was the Chicago Cubs. The CUBS! It was a match-up of two of the most “cursed” teams in baseball. The Sox beat the Cubs in six games.
- After they traded away Babe Ruth, the Red Sox wouldn’t win another championship for 86 years!
- That’s not as bad as the Cubs, who haven’t won a Series since 1908! Over 100 years!
- The next World Series played in 1919 would go down in history as the famous “Black Sox” “fix” game by the White Sox.
- When the Sox won in Fenway Park, which is now the oldest ballpark in baseball, it was only 6 years old!
- And if you think Fenway Park was the new ballpark, Wrigley Field was only 4 years old! And it wasn’t even called Wrigley Field. It was called Weeghman Park. And the Cubs only moved in 2 years earlier.
I am hoping for a historic win for Boston!