My Reward: Baseball Cards
This has been a pretty busy week for me. I had a bunch of appointments with an orthodontist over the past few weeks and this week I got an appliance put in called a palate expander. I was nervous while they were doing it, but I had earbuds in and was listening to music on my iPhone (it’s not really a phone so it is like an iPod Touch). The doctor put the expander in just as Thunderstruck by AC/DC came on. That’s the song they play at the beginning of the Nationals games. It gave me the confidence I needed.
I am getting used to the expander. It feels funny in my mouth and it makes it hard to eat and talk for now.
So how does this relate to baseball? After I was done at the dentist, my mom took me to Target to get 2013 baseball cards. My 2 first packs of the 2013 cards! I got…
- Wilson Ramos, catcher for the Washington Nationals.
- Jordan Pacheco, third baseman for the Colorado Rockies.
- Austin Kearns, outfielder for the Miami Marlins.
- Scott Feldman, pitcher for the Texas Rangers.
- Ian Kennedy, pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Henry Rodriguez, second baseman for the Cincinnati Reds
- Joey Votto, first baseman for the Cincinnati Reds
- Ryan Howard, first baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies
- Dustin Ackley, second baseman for the Seattle Mariners
- Scott Hairston, outfielder for the San Diego Padres
- Will Middlebrooks, third baseman for the Boston Red Sox
- Sean Doolittle, pitcher for the Oakland Athletics
- Mike Olt, third baseman for the Texas Rangers
- Alex Gonzalez, shortstop for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Felipe Paulino, pitcher for the Kansas City Royals.
- Dylan Bundy, pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles.
- Adrian Gonzalez, first baseman for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Paul Konerko, first baseman for the Chicago White Sox
- Heath Bell, pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Ted Lilly, pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Ryan Vogelsong, pitcher for the San Francisco Giants
- Hanley Ramirez, third baseman for the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Felix Hernandez, pitcher for the Seattle Mariners
- Trevor Bauer, pitcher for the Cleveland Indians
Other than Wilson Ramos, my favorite cards were #16 Dylan Bundy and #19 Heath Bell. I am thinking about trying to get autographs on them. Maybe some of them I will send to them and ask them to sign them, but I am a little nervous about not getting them back or not being able to play with them.
BY THIS TIME NEXT WEEK, Spring Training will officially be underway and I can start reporting news again on Matt’s Bats.